Monday, June 2, 2008

Straight from the Teet! 4-10


Jeanne is way into weird foods with her school right now and the latest thing is RAW MILK. Raw—as in unpasturized, straight from the cow. She gets it at the “back door” of the dairy. I thought that was a joke, meaning no one else wants it, but the truth of it is she has to do it because legally, they can’t sell her that milk. We drink ILLEGAL milk!! It comes in jars and we have to either scrape the cream off the top or mix it in. I often feel like a pioneer! I’m almost surprised she hasn’t bought a cow or just found us some nice breast milk or something. It is so funny. But the best part of the story is that NONE of us like it. It’s gross. We won’t drink it, and she doesn’t even drink milk. Ever. At all. She thinks it’s really unhealthy (except, apparently, the illegal kind) and gross. Hmmmm… it is also more expensive. So we are drinking expensive, illegal, straight from the cow milk, with the cream and all. It is soooo funny to me. This is so weird. Oh, and another thing—like 3 other ladies from the branch buy it, too. They take turns going to pick it up, which is AN HOUR’S DRIVE away. One way. What the heck?!?!?!

1 comment:

Jason and Sarah Nelson said...

oh my heck, that is hilarious!!!!!!!!! And so gross all at the same time. I just don't get it, its got to be dangerous to drink that stuff. Good thing you don't love milk....I told Jason about this, and he said that even he agrees that it is dangerous and he grew up on a farm milking cows, he would know!!!